Friday, January 9, 2009

Is it Friday already? Wow, the week really did fly past.

Today, Peggy and I make our way through the healthcare maze by starting at Baptist Healthcare’s Outpatient Center. The chemo that I’m currently taking is really working my platelets over so Dr Weir has ordered a transfusion. No big deal, just takes us getting in line and letting the professionals do their thang.

The plan is to hit the Outpatient Phlebotomy Lab to give them samples to type & match, then I’ll go and get “radiated”, and then we’ll go back to the Blood Lab to actually receive the blood. That should take till at least noon-thirty.

After that Peggy and I were going to go to GPAC and play racquetball. If anyone wants to join us, come on over, we can play mixed doubles.

Speaking of this week, each day has brought so many new and wonderful surprises. I continue to be blown away at the generosity and downright passion that God’s people have for me and my family. There are many verses in scripture that encourage us to care for one another so I should not be surprised. It seems that this week everyone has been working overtime and the love has just been pouring out.

We will have to fill in more of the details a little later, but I did want to post this Friday morning update as a way of saying thank you! We love yall too!

All things considered, Friday is going to be a great day!


1 Thessalonians 3:7,8 Therefore, brothers, in all our distress and persecution we are encouraged about you because of your faith. For now we really live, since you are standing firm in the Lord.

No comments: