Thursday, April 3, 2003

God the Refuge of the Righteous

Psalm 94:18,19 If I say, "My foot slips," Your mercy, O Lord, will hold me up. In the multitude of my anxieties within me, Your comforts delight my soul.

What I am typing is very awkward, but here it goes, all the time I've spent sitting around with cancer patients has been an encouragement to me. The will of the spirit is not easily witnessed in acts of mediocrity.

I have a new myeloma friend, Mr Ables, who is a gem of a guy. He doesn't have many of the advantages someone like myself has (age & health) yet he is quite a fighter. His determination and focus are to be admired. Everyone please keep him lifted up.

Each day I get messages from various people from different avenues in life. Some of the messages tell me that in some way they are inspired by me or this "event". Well, I want to encourage you not to let the inspiration end with me. Remember, as Mr. A does, take time to comfort the souls of others.

This is, after all, the example we've been given!
Frank

No comments: