Wednesday, April 9, 2003

What a morning we've had! Our plan today was for me to go home while his parents were still here with Frank. There is a lot going on at home today and tomorrow that I was hoping to be there for. Zach has a math competition today. Chandler's 11th birthday is tomorrow, and they have a big school program in the morning. But you know what they say about the best laid plans.

Momma called this morning to tell us Chase has 101 fever and a sore throat. When we got to the hospital the nurses told us Frank was still Neutropenic, and I shouldn't go home in fear of bringing anything back, and we would still look for collection first thing next week. All the while, Chase and Mom are at the doctor - strep throat.

We are rearranging things for "plan B", feeling disappointed, but going with the flow. Frank is ready to go home. And the thought of waiting until next week for collection was also disappointing.

Then, everything changed. Frank's blood work came back. His white count has made a huge jump - from 0.3 to 7.7! They are adding the Pro-count to the blood work, and it's possible that they could begin collection this afternoon. We won't hear for another hour or two.

God knows best and has protected the timing of everything. That has been my main prayer apart from Frank's safety. He knows our hearts, and the desires we have big and small. I am in awe of his great love for each one of us - every one of us.

No comments: