Thursday, September 11, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FRANK!!

Today is special day indeed! Frank is 44 today!! We ate out for dinner and had a nice time and surprised Frank with some new kitchen gadgets.

Yesterday, Chandler, Frank and I went to Little Rock for a full day. We left Memphis around 7 and got there in time for Frank to have a business meeting. Chandler did her school work while we waited. I got my hair done while Frank and Chandler ran some errands. Then Frank had his PET scan, and then his MRI before we got on the road. We made it back home around 11. Having Chandler with us was a nice treat and we had fun together. We laughed about the news all day and talked politics. You know..... lipstick on a pig.... Biden's asking a wheelchair bound man to stand up..... oh... good day for talk radio.... we had a ball!!

But underneath it all we are anxiously waiting the news tomorrow from Dr. Barlogie. Are we scared? With the pain he's been having, the only truthful answer is that we're very nervous about his results. The nurse called today and said his CRP is up and he needs to start his antibiotic. (The CRP measures inflammation and usually accompanies infection. It's an indicator they watch closely. )

Our hearts are burdened tonight for our other patient friends. He's been on the same round of PAC MED as Frank. We talked to his wife today and he's been admitted into the hospital with some serious complications. He is a year or 2 younger than Frank and his kids are only 4 and 6 years old. Our hearts are heavy for the burden they are carrying. As hard as we try to be upbeat and positive, Frank and I both admitted to each other that it was hard not to compare our situations. But we are doing our best to stay positive and trust God with each day He has blessed us with. We are going to visit with them tomorrow. Please pray for them and for us: that God would enable us to minister to them in some way tomorrow.

"Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."

Isaiah 41:10


Oh my goodness... we are counting on that promise and asking our precious Lord to increase our faith!


We are a month into home schooling. It is going great in most areas, challenging in others. But overall we are adjusting pretty good. Each of us are different, so what we gain, what we like and dislike are all different. Nothing replaces the wonderful school where they were, and all of us are looking forward to being back next year. Chandler and Zach try to have lunch there every few weeks. We've also enjoyed all the home games and visiting with friends.


The perks of not being in school are also being enjoyed. They don't have to be up at 6 anymore!! Chandler's best friend is also home schooled and she comes over to work with us once a week. We love her and the addition is fun. My niece tutors and grades their spanish. It's so much fun to listen to them talk in spanish for a few hours. I would miss all that if they if were away at school. They are custom fitting their work to their own schedules, but I must say... I'm pretty strict. I knew I would be, so I have to really myself relax. I am mainly referring to when they do certain lessons: Getting everything done in one day vs saving something for evening, rolling over a lesson into the next day, etc. But overall they are proving themselves very responsible and eager to learn. I still see them trying hard to do a good job and that makes me so happy.


We will update tomorrow when we get home. Much love, peg

No comments: