Thursday, October 16, 2008

Oh my gosh, I think I might be pregnant!

No, no this is not a post by Peggy, this is Frank. Let me explain.

I have spent the past 8 days being subjected to "the science experiment" that is my life and all I can eat is crackers, oatmeal, bananas, and Boost! (thank you Kimberly & Jay)

Of course during the time I am awake, I usually wind up on the FoodTV channel, with dreams of fine dining. Or heck a big fat cheeseburger and greasy fries.

So, while I wait patently for my body to reacquaint itself, with itself...I will have to live vicariously through my memories of GUS's fried chicken, hot tamales, bacon wrapped asparagus, grilled salmon, shashmi & sushi, hot breads, and fine cheeses. I haven't had a craving for Spaghettio's and ice cream so maybe I'm not prego after all....

Today was day 4 after transplant, still not hitting the bottom on my counts yet but with a WBC .04, PLts 20, Hemo 13.1, and Hematocrit 37.8. It won't be long before I've bottomed out and I'll climb out of this "hole" again.

Peggy and the kids are holding down the fort here in Little Rock, but please keep praying for our speedy recovery. We miss being home!

May God Bless You in All that you do,

Frank

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are continuing to think about all you guys and praying for you. Thank you for all the updates.
Love, The Hidalgos Fort Myers, FL

Anonymous said...

Praying for you as we are visiting our son in VA. You are always in our prayers wherever we are and whereever you are. Keep on giving out those HOPE cards and keep on looking to the source of all our HOPE! Love, Sam & Margaret Martin

Anonymous said...

Praying for you. Thanks for the update man!!