Thursday, February 6, 2003

Hi Everybody! Thank you all so much for your prayers for the children, and our family. Unfortunately, we are still fighting the bugs of winter. Chandler hasn't been to school since Jan. 26. The doctor did blood work and says her ability to fight is not strong right now. She's probably had 2 different viruses. We are praying for complete healing and for her immune system to build back quickly so she doesn't go back to school and catch something else. We only want her to come home with her backpack and brothers!

Chase went to back to school today and doing fine. Zach went back to school today as well. I've picked him up twice for throwing up at school. He has no other systems and is fine afterwards. The doctor thinks it's “situational stress syndrome”. We would rather it be a stomach virus. I suppose time will tell. It is a very helpless feeling to know your kids are hurting in their heart and you can't stop it. I know a lot of you totally understand that, but I suppose we've never had to deal with it on this level.

With all the kids gathered around, I buzzed Frank's hair on a #3. His hair looks like Matt Lauer on the Today show. Although I am pretty proud of my haircut, it won't be there long. Although we knew this was coming, it’s turning out to be an adjustment for Frank. I hope this temporary hair cut will be a good transition for him. I can say this: he has a great shaped head!

He's been fever free since Monday. That is answered prayer. The fact that he stayed in this house for 2 weeks with 3 sick kids and didn't get sick is truly a God thing!

This Friday, Frank and Zach are going on a field trip to Reelfoot Lake to see Bald Eagles. This special time will be great medicine for Zach and Frank! I hope they see lots of eagles in the wild, but the Eagles will soar indeed.

I am reminded of Isaiah 40: 27-31 - The Everlasting God, Creator of the universe never faints or gets weary. His understanding is unsearchable. Even the youth get weary, and young men fall. But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They'll mount up with wings like eagles. They'll run and not be weary; they'll walk and not faint.

We are trying to get everyone well. I'd love for the house to be “in order” and normal when we leave next week. We are due to be in Little Rock Feb. 12-14. If all goes well, we'll come home Friday. Frank will start the next phase of chemo on the following Monday in Memphis.

Last night and today has been trying and emotional. But like all the verses we have been reading ~ God promises to never leave or forsake us.
God ministered to Frank in such a real way today, He might as well have been sitting with him face to face. I hope Frank shares his story when he feels up to making an entry.

He is home today resting. We can all relate – there's no place like your own bed when you feel bad. We know you are praying for him. Thank you so much.I hope all of you are well. We are so blessed to have each one of you I our lives. I am praying that your day will be filled with joy!

Much love from our home to yours (without the germs!), Peggy

No comments: