Monday, July 17, 2006

What a difference a day makes!

Frank's been here a week now. He got hooked up to the continuous bag last Monday. After getting "unplugged" Saturday morning, he decided he wanted to sleep in his own bed even if it was for only one night. So, we all packed up and headed home. And it was a great day for him.

He messed with stuff in the garage, drove the truck to the store to get Zach some lawn mower gas... just stuff. He was awake more hours that day than he had been all week. He watched me drive home like I was in Driver's Ed school. (that was fun for me ) He took a long hot shower and, the best part, slept in his own bed!

I loved it that we went to church together. We ran late just like normal. Chandler had to do "one more thing to her hair" and Chase spilt orange juice all over himself in the car! It felt so normal that Frank and I didn't even care. We forgot about everything for a few hours.

But, we headed back Sunday afternoon for his appointment at the hospital. Mom is at home with the kids today.

Now, we're waiting to see Dr. Barlogie. His levels are dropping as they should. He should be neutropenic by tomorrow. Platlets are in the 80's and dropping. They are watching him closely and taking good care of him.

Psalm 62
5 Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.
6 He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
7 My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge.
8 Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.

Frank says we have to go see the doctor... more later. Peg

No comments: