Sunday, April 13, 2008

Well here we sit, in our Little Rock home away from home.

We arrived last Monday, got "hooked up" on Tues and have been doing our best not to go stir crazy ever since. Finally, Saturday at 5:00, I got turned lose from my chemo bag and my spirits were immediately lifted. Carrying those pumps around just mentally makes you "feel" sick.

Now we have a few more labs to run and hopefully we can go home. Dr. Barlogie will let us know tomorrow. Our hope is to come home while I recover from this treatment.

I miss my family, I miss my friends, and I miss just hanging around all the people that make our lives special.

That sounds like such a downer, but it's the truth. Proverbs 12:22 says "The Lord detest lying lips, but he delights in men who are truthful."

Honestly, I must tell you that being away from our kids, from work, and home is so hard!

Peggy and I are headed over to the hospital........so know that we miss you all and hope to be home soon.

Frank

2:00 pm Got labs today. Not too bad
WBC 3.33
Hgb 9.2
Platelets dropped a lot to 74
Potassium was low but I took it orally
CRP is good ~ no inflammation

Thanks for praying for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Frank, Praying for a travel home pass from Dr. B. this morning. Love, The Coes

Lou Sanders said...

Hey Guys! Praying that you get the green light to come home today! Love you!
Lou