Thursday, July 3, 2008

In Honor of this 4th of July Holiday - Galations 5:1 "It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery."



Hello everyone, sorry we did not post on Tuesday. Several people have already chided me
about the slip up so stay calm. Since we we are living in the battle-zone I think its easy to
forget that everyone wants a field report, no matter how routine I think it might be.

For the record today I registered a WBC of 0.08 and my Platlets were 16, down from 31 on Tuesday. Today was the first day for me to receive platlets.

Funny thing about platlets, I have been taking so many blood products over the years that I have to get loaded up on Benadryl and Hydrocortzone before I get them. That combination of pre-meds just wipes me out. I've been groggy since about noon.

Peggy said now that I'm awake I can type so get busy......the kids packed up and took off back
to Memphis around noon today. They are enjoying hanging out in LR with us, but they do want to be with thier friends. So off they went. The evidence of how bad they wanted to go home is that the boys left thier Wii and Playstation hardware here. They'll start missing it Saturday if it rains like its supposed to.

We are also bumping into more patents that have been given the PACMED chemo regimne. Today I spoke to my friend Francisco from Miami, who makes the 3rd person we've met doing what I'm doing. From his comments to me he is not progressing like everyone would like, but he is definately a fighter. Lift ol Franciso up in prayer if you don't mind, he needs good news.

Being here on a holiday, just me and Peggy, kinda makes us feel like empty-nesters. We plan on going all out by eating home made beenie-weenies, eating watermelon, and driving somewhere to watch fire works from the car.

We hope everyone has a fun holiday !

With love, Frank

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the posting. We are thinking of you this holiday. Enjoy the fireworks! Love to you both. The Dickeys

Anonymous said...

So glad to get an update and to hear that you are tolerating these big guns.It is amazing what the body can tolerate-yours especially! Got bucked off Tom a week or so ago (the brat-he has never done such a thing) and had a big black eye, bruises here and there and thank goodness was wearing a helmet as it cracked. At my age, perhaps he should just be a yard ornament? A quiet weekend ahead for us-beenie-weenies sound good to me!! Thinking of you with much love. The Coes

Anonymous said...

Hi sweeties! We missed all being together on the 4th and I know your cove missed Frank's fireworks display.(heard the police were asking where 'that guy' was). :) Jim took the boys and bought some and Lisa's big back yard will never be the same! Thank you Frank for the tip on the brisket...it was eaten but can't compare to your cooking ( I borrowed the liquid smoke) Praying and praising. We love you. Nana & Papa

Anonymous said...

It's 3:30 Sunday morning and you've not posted today's bulletin. That's a heckuva note for insomniacs and those of us whose age-related aches and pains make it difficult to sleep through the night.