Friday, December 12, 2008

Thursday and Friday have been very busy, but we are back home.... safe and sound. Zach drove us home, logging more interstate experience to his driving time. He did great.

Frank did his PET scan, labs and MRI's yesterday. He had his bone marrow biopsy this morning. All the staff asked where Zach was.... just grinning from ear to ear. The story got told again of how he just slid right out of his chair last time he and Frank were there. They all thought that was so funny. And we did too. We told them Zach has a really good attitude about the teasing because we really give him a hard time about it. Zach says he did it on purpose to help make their day more interesting.... it was sacrifice!

The kids did a great job staying focused. They worked on school while we were there, and even in the car. We did have really sweet family time together. There is something about being in a little space with nothing to do..... I love it!

We can feel the prayers! Thank you so much. I love it when God just meets you where you are. I know He always does, but sometimes it's just so obvious! Our devotion today started like this:
(from Jesus Calling, by Sarah Young)

"I am taking care of you. Feel the warmth and security of being enveloped in My loving Presence. Every detail of your life is under My control. Moreover, everything fits into a pattern for good, to those who love Me and are called according to My design and purpose." (Romans 8:28)

and ended like this.... "If you could only see how close I am to you and how constantly I work on your behalf, you would never again doubt that I am wonderfully caring for you. This is why you must walk by faith, not by sight; trusting in My mysterious, majestic Presence." (2 Cor 5:7)

Thank you, Lord! (wow, I should have had a V8)

with hearts wide open....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carlton Gang,
How great to see you all this weekend at Hope. Please know that if you need anything I am just a call away. I hope that Jamie and Frank can perform their dance together soon, we will get it on video this time.

Love ya all,
Jana