Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I can't believe it's Wednesday already!

We made it through the weekend, but not without concern for Frank's blood counts. He was bruising everywhere, and I was quite anxious to get him to the hospital Monday morning.

Our suspicions were right, and his counts low. Hct 21, Hgb 7, Platelets 3. (yes, 3). He was almost 4 quarts low! We spent all day getting blood: he got 2 units of red cells, and a bag of platelets.

It was different day for us though. Usually, Frank is asleep the whole time because of the pre-meds they give him, and I am awake catching up on my Bible study or reading, etc. But instead, Frank stayed awake all day and made phone calls about our insurance bills. He had papers stacks all over the room and was a busy as a bee. I have a cold and slept ALL day long. The kind of sleep that embarrasses you because you've drooled everywhere! Either way, we both were happy when we left there. He felt accomplished and I needed the rest. As we walked to the car, he grinned and said, "Now I know how a vampire feels... I'm full!"

Tuesday was another unusual day for Frank. He spent all day at the office. He had things he wanted to do and it was great to see everyone too. He was tired and sore after such a long day, but it was worth it in every way. The kids and I did school and tried to get back to a routine after spring break.

Today, we're headed up to Dr. Weir's office. Frank will get a medicine today that hardens his bones. Then we'll get blood work and see Dr. Weir.

We are so happy to see things turning green and warmer weather! I hope you are too.

Thank you for your constant prayers and support for our family. We love you and thank God for you!

Peg

No comments: